“LoDo”, short for Lower Downtown, is Denver’s oldest neighborhood reflecting the city’s growth in urban development and energetic city living. In the heart of downtown, LoDo’s 29 block radius embraces an active business culture while balancing amazing nightlife.
Tucked between the Pepsi Center and Coors Field, (home to the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche and Colorado Rockies), LoDo does not lack in activities for families, business professionals or young travelers. Whether you are here to work, play, or live, LoDo meets all of your needs making it a desired area for locals and travelers alike.
In an upbeat environment, what better way to start off your day then at a few of our favorite coffee shops in the area!
- Little Owl Coffee– Located right off Blake St., this cute little coffee house can be missed if you aren’t looking for it. With delicious pour overs and sweet treats made-to-order, Little Owl is definitely a top spot to check out.
- Kaffe Landskap– This location is great for people on the go. If you are looking to grab a quick cup in the morning on the way to work or need an afternoon pick-me-up while exploring, Kaffe Landskap provides all of the above.
So, you got your caffeine fix and now you are looking to see what more this vibrant neighborhood has to offer. While business is usually the driving force of this neighborhood, creatives and art enthusiasts flock to this area of Denver as well. Home to preserved buildings from the city’s original settlement to some of the state’s best galleries, Lodo is nothing close to boring.
Here are a few museums to check out in the area!
- The Museum of Contemporary Art- MCA Denver explores the art and culture of our time through its exhibitions that change regularly so there will always be something new to see.
- Denver Selfie Museum- A place of solace for the class clowns, obsessive “insta-grammer’s”, or family photographer, the Denver Selfie museum has taken the perfect selfie to a whole other level!
Lodo is home to some of the best restaurants in the city. Taking the urban dining experience and elevating it, Lodo provides a wide variety of breweries, bars, dine-in restaurants and food hall options for everyone. Take a look at our top ten dining spots to try out in the neighborhood!
- Dairy Block- Denver’s Milk Market is the place that has it all. With sixteen culinary and shopping vendors, this spot is definitely a place you can come kick back and stay awhile.
- Mercantile Dining and Provisions- If you are looking for more than a meal, then look no further. Mercantile provides more than a 5 star meal but an experience that any food lover or restauranteur will appreciate.
- Jax Fish House- Bringing the coast to the coastless, Jax is an easy pick for anyone searching for amazingly fresh seafood in the landlocked state.
- Tupelo Honey- Brunch! Brunch! Brunch! A mix of southern and new American cooking comes together at this weekend favorite.
- Wynkoop Brewing- This brewpub offers a laid back atmosphere to enjoy fresh craft beers made in-house daily. With pool tables up top and dining below, this summer hangout spot is perfect for enjoying the simple things in life.
- Illegal Pete’s- A local favorite, Pete’s is the quick stop spot for giant burritos and daily happy hours for anyone in the neighborhood.
- Tamayo- Brunch done bottomless. Tamayo offers an unbeatable brunch special that is filled with your favorite breakfast dishes done with a Mexican twist.
- Sliceworks- Whether you are heading to the baseball game or enjoying the Denver nightlife, make sure to stop in to this local pizza spot for a quick slice.
- Osteria Marco- Serving up classic Italian dishes since 2007, this restaurant makes for a great dinner venue any night of the week.
- Rhein Haus- A German-style beer hall featuring unique brews, sausages and homemade pretzels, Rhein Haus is the perfect place to grab a bite located just a few blocks from the Pepsi Center.
The fun doesn’t stop there either. Located in the heart of downtown, LoDo’s nightlife is sure to keep the party going. Here is a look at a few places to enjoy more of what the neighborhood has to offer!
- Comedy Works- Located on 15th St., Comedy Works is Denver’s premiere destination for some of the best stand-up comedy in the country.
- 1Up Arcade and Bar- One of three locations, 1Up Arcade provides an incredible collection of over 45 classic arcade games and a full bar to enjoy a blast from the past with friends and family.
- Board & Brush- Ready to explore your inner DIY side with friends? Board and Brush gives you the opportunity to craft away while enjoying a few drinks and good conversation as they walk you through making your own unique wooden wall art.
With so much to offer, LoDo makes its way to the top as one of Denver’s finest neighborhoods for both residents and visitors looking to explore life in the city!